PRINCIPLES FOR ENGAGEMENT
The purpose of these principles is to clarify expectations related to (1) the use of information and ideas submitted to The India Innovation Lab for Green Finance (The Lab) by proponents, members and external experts and which is provided for the purpose of developing selected ideas and instrument pilots, and (2) the future use of instruments developed by The Lab’s analytical providers in conjunction with Lab members, proponents and external experts. Information includes all information provided to The Lab whether conveyed through written comments, in soft or hard copy documents, or verbally at meetings.
The work of The Lab and participation in it is based on the following understanding:
- The Lab is a non-proprietary, knowledge sharing initiative. By submitting information and ideas to The Lab, proponents, members and external experts agree that the ideas, information, and associated analysis may be used freely, developed, published, and modified by The Lab and by third parties.
- Information and ideas submitted to the Lab are not commercially confidential or commercially sensitive.
- The Lab will publish information on its website, about instrument analysis and decisions taken, transparently and in a timely way. In particular:
– A current list of Lab members will be maintained.
– Agendas and summaries of Lab Meetings and all decisions will be made available.
– The results of Lab analysis will be published upon completion of phase 2 (in depth analysis of 7 instruments) and phase 3 (detailed analysis of 3-4 instruments).
- All Lab members, Working Group members, and analytical providers, will serve in expert, objective capacities. The Lab analysis will be objective and neutral between instruments.
- It is not incumbent on analytical providers to accept all or any views shared as part of ongoing analysis. Decisions taken by the Project Management Group , Lab Principals and their Advisors regarding Lab processes, including Voting procedures to progress instruments to more advanced analytical phases, are final.
- These principles for engagement will be made available on The Lab website.
The India Innovation Lab for Green Finance, its members, and its secretariat, Climate Policy Initiative (CPI), are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
This Privacy Statement describes CPI’s policies and procedures on the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as the Secretariat for the India Innovation Lab for Green Finance. If you do not agree to be bound by this Privacy Statement, please do not use or submit any information to this website or to CPI.
This Privacy Statement incorporates CPI’s Terms & Conditions. We strongly encourage you to review the Terms & Conditions.
COLLECTION AND USE
CPI gathers two basic types of information through the Site: “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information.” Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual; that is, your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, and profile information. Non-Personal Information is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses, and any other information that does not reveal specific identifying information about you.
CPI collects your personal information in a variety of ways. Much of this information is provided directly from you. For example, when you sign up for Research and News Alerts on this website, you provide us with your email address.
CPI may also collect your name and e-mail address when you contact CPI for general information purposes so we can respond to your request, for example, if you contact us to subscribe to Research and News Alerts, or if you sign up for one of our events. You may unsubscribe from the Research and News Alerts by sending an e-mail with “unsubscribe” in the subject heading to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY
CPI does not sell or rent your personal information under any circumstances. In addition, it is not our policy to share or disclose your personal information without first receiving your express permission, subject to the following exceptions:
- CPI may disclose your personal information to third party service providers that help provide services on our behalf (e.g., newsletter distribution service providers).
- CPI may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in its good-faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- CPI may disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others to as required by law, respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of, as appropriate, CPI, its users, or the general public.
- CPI may take your personal information and aggregate it with other users’ information (so that it is anonymous and does not identify you) and present the statistics to potential donors.
REVIEWING, CHANGING AND/OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request to review, change and/or delete any personal information you have on file with us at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
CPI does not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not register with CPI or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If you are 13 years old or older, we still recommend that you obtain your parental or guardian consent before providing your information to us. If you believe that we have collected information from a child under 13 years old, please contact us email@example.com.
NOTICE REGARDING SECURITY
CPI seeks to have security measures and tools in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as perfect security in an online environment. As a result, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with this website or that CPI stores on our or our agents’ systems.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This website is controlled and operated by CPI from the United States, and is not intended to subject CPI to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. CPI does not represent or warrant that this website or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access this website do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE MAY TRANSFER ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT THROUGH THIS WEBSITE TO COUNTRIES, INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES, THAT MAY NOT PROVIDE THE SAME LEVEL OF DATA PROTECTION AS YOUR HOME COUNTRY. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO SUCH TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement. We recommend that you check this website from time to time as we may revise this Privacy Statement. The most current version of the policy will govern our use of your information and will always be at http://www.climatefinancelab.com/privacy/. By continuing to use this website after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy Statement.
CPI is committed to your privacy. If you have any questions about how we obtained your email address or about how we use your information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.